Renew Your Home’s Beauty with Woodpecker Damage Repair
That tap-tap-tapping on your home’s siding isn’t just annoying—it’s damaging. Woodpeckers create unsightly marks that weaken wood siding, making it vulnerable to rotting, mold, and leaks.
Put a stop to frustrating woodpecker damage with lasting, attractive siding restoration from StateLine Exteriors—and be proud of your home again.
How to Spot Nagging Woodpecker Damage
Woodpeckers drill into wood to make nests, find insects, and create drumming sounds to attract a mate. You can spot their work in siding, window frames, and roofing.
- Large holes containing nest materials, seeds or nuts
- Rows or clusters of small holes
- Paint chipping
- Repetitive drumming sounds
- Acorns wedged between shakes or shingles
- Damaged seams in tongue and groove cedar siding
Siding Repair vs. Siding Replacement: Which Is Better?
If woodpeckers find a welcoming place in your home, they’ll return year after year. Quick fixes to wood siding may work in the short-term but won’t keep woodpeckers away for long. The problem will continue, weakening your siding and putting you at risk of costly repairs down the road.
To keep pests away long-term, we recommend you install woodpecker resistant siding on your home.
Choose a Lasting Solution: James Hardie Siding
Beautiful, durable, pest-resistant fiber cement siding is a perfect solution for keeping woodpeckers away.
Engineered to handle Kansas City’s stormy weather and available in eye-catching, baked-on color choices, James Hardie is also unappealing to pests. Fiber cement simply isn’t edible, so it keeps away termites, carpenter ants, rodents, and yes—woodpeckers.
Siding replacement with James Hardie fiber cement products gives you:
- Added protection — James Hardie siding typically lasts 30-50 years, giving your home a strong defense against weather and pests.
- No more wood rot — Fiber cement is man-made from cement, sand, and fibers, so it can’t rot.
- Stop future damage — You’ll have no more nagging issues with woodpeckers when you turn to trusted James Hardie siding.
Why Choose StateLine Exteriors
We’re Kansas City’s award-winning James Hardie siding contractor for a good reason!
- Commitment to superior craftsmanship
- Premier installation techniques that guarantee your James Hardie warranty
- Reliable, responsive crews
- Personalized service that treats you like an individual, not a project
- Beautiful installations that you’ll love for years
“We had fiber cement siding installed and new gutters put on our dated home. Immediately saw woodpeckers in our trees instead of pecking on our house. They addressed all of my concerns in a timely manner and made sure I was involved in decisions where I had a particular vision. They always made sure they were doing everything they could to make us happy and satisfied.”